Click here to determine if your company and employees are required to follow DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations.
D.O.T. Regulations for The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration require:
- Written DOT Substance Abuse Company Policy Ref. 49CFR Part 382.601
- The FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) requires that supervisors obtain 60 minutes of training on alcohol misuse and receive an additional 60 minutes training on controlled substances (drug). Ref. 49CFR Part 382.603
- The FMCSA requires each employer to provide educational materials describing the effects of alcohol and controlled substances (drugs) use on an individual’s health, work, and personal life; signs & symptoms of an alcohol or a drug problem (the drivers or a co-workers); & methods of intervening when a problem is suspected. Ref. 49CFR Part 382.601
- The FMCSA requires Post-accident drug & alcohol testing. Ref 49CFR Part 382.303
- The FMCSA requires Random drug & alcohol testing. Ref 49CFR Part 382.305
- Employers are required to be knowledgeable of all applicable regulations and to instruct drivers and employees regarding applicable regulations as well. Ref 49CFR Part 390.3