FMCSA Enhances CSA Website to Help Drivers and Carriers Get Road Smart
Today, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) unveiled enhancements to its Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) Website to help drivers and motor carriers Get Road Smart about CSA, the Agency’s safety compliance and enforcement program. The updates include:
- Consolidated, user-friendly FMCSA safety information tailored for specific user groups, including a new Motor Carrier Resource Center and an updated Driver Safety Education Center
- Easier access to Get Road Smart materials, featuring an updated CSA Feedback Form, where anyone can order posters and a brochure, with more materials to come
- New, easy-to-read factsheets, based on the most frequently asked questions from drivers and motor carriers
The new factsheets answer questions including:
- What is CSA? – and how does it affect me?
- I got a warning letter – what do I do?
- What happens if I don’t improve my safety performance and compliance?
These enhancements to the CSA Website help to advance FMCSA’s safety mission by making it easier for drivers and motor carriers to access and understand important safety information. Visit the CSA Website to check out these enhancements (http://csa.fmcsa.dot.gov/getroadsmart/).
CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) website updated
The CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) website has been updated with the June 20, 2014 snapshot. Check your safety assessment now at: http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms.
NOTE TO CARRIERS: There are two ways to access and view all of your safety data. Log into your Portal account (https://portal.fmcsa.dot.gov/login) or log in directly to the SMS website with your FMCSA-issued U.S. DOT Number Personal Identification Number (PIN) (NOT a Docket Number PIN). If you do not know or have forgotten your PIN, you can request one via http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/ and follow the instructions on the page.